Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Week

So after finishing the first week of classes it finally feels like going to Panama is real. I mean it felt real before, especially when I got all those vaccines, but now it really feels like it's going to happen. Our first week of classes was pretty uneventful. Only having classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday really makes my life great. Four day weekends every week for the next month? Yes please!

In JINS we're talking about identity so I had to make myself into a pie chart, which I super didn't like. I hate labels and didn't like having to break myself down into smaller pieces since I really feel like they all just come together to make me, so it really doesn't matter what percentage of my personality goes into making me me. Besides the whole pie chart thing I'm liking class a lot, especially the history part since I haven't taken a history class since my junior year of high school and I forgot how much I enjoyed history. Class has been fun and not super stressful yet, so it was a good week.

I also started thinking and working on my project a little bit this week and am super excited about it. For one thing I don't have to work alone cause someone else thought my idea sounded interesting, so yay Leslie! Amphibian decline is a cool topic, even though all the papers I'm reading about it are making me super sad cause I hate to think about all the frogs that have died and how many species may be lost. It's kinda depressing, but I'm still super excited and can't wait to go see what we can find when we finally get to Panama.

So yeah, exactly one month until we leave! So exciting!

Also please take joy in this cute frog I found!



1 comment:

  1. I DON'T SEE ANYTHING CUTE ABOUT YOUR CUTE FROG.hAHA
    GM SAID SHE THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE SHE LIKES FROGS HAHA
    F.R.O.G. FULLY RELY ON GOD LOL GP

    ReplyDelete