Thursday, February 4, 2010

So many to-do lists...


So this week the reality that we're leaving in 11 days, well 10 now I guess since it's past midnight, is starting to freak me out. I'm having issues falling asleep at night now thanks to that fact. I have to plan everything out before it happens so I currently have 3 lists of things I need to do, pack, and buy before I leave. Since I have made these lists I keep thinking about them as soon as I lay down to go to sleep. By doing this I freak myself out thinking of things that are not on my lists, so I get up several times and make more sticky notes of things that need to be added to the list... Now my desk is covered in various sticky notes of things for Panama.... Ooops. My brain doesn't want me to sleep.

In class this week we went over, surprise, more history of Latin America, which I quite enjoy. I thinks it's really interesting since it's a history that I've never really learned about in detail, and since I love to learn new things, I'm loving this class! The time lines Marc makes in class are my favorite. In JINS we've been talking about Galeano, but I've written my paper on that already and don't want to think about that book anymore... So many thoughts have already gone into that book... I like the Chasteen book (our normal history book for those of you that aren't taking the class) because it's linear and my brain understands it, unlike Galeano, who jumps around everywhere. Hey that's what my paper's about look at that! In Bio we once again worked on our project proposals. Leslie and I are finished a very rough draft of our proposal this week and I'm super excited. I feel like a real scientist now. Also Marc had a camera in class this week and made a very horrible movie of us in class. It's actually pretty funny since we all got really awkward once Marc put the camera in our faces...

Finally in JINS today we discussed culture shock, which was interesting. I'm hoping that I get through all the stages with relative ease and don't end up freaking out while I'm done there. Some how culture shock turned into an in depth conversation about traveler's diarrhea... which was kinda weird...

After class I went home for the weekend! And I'm super glad to be here. I'm gonna try to relax a bit and try to get everything done for next week, like read the Wade book. I'm also hoping to get some packing done so I can cross some things off of my earlier mentioned to-do lists. My mom even took off work so we could spend the day together tomorrow and I'm really excited!!

I think I might go try to sleep now. Hopefully I won't think of anything else to add to my lists and can actually fall asleep tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Courtney, I totally understand how you feel. I have been having the same issue with sleeping. I either worry about what I need to pack, if will fit, etc. or I get distracted trying to practice my Spanish. I hope you have a good time at home and can relax some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad that I'm not the only one thats loosing sleep over this trip... I'm having a good weekend so far. I watched all the Indiana Jones movies last night with one of my best friends and I'm in a super good mood while avoiding homework!
    I hope your birthday party is fun!

    ReplyDelete